You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

SPONSORED

Thread Contributor: DiscoveringmypathGreat primer on level design for developers
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3 Average

[-]
Tags
design primer great level for on developers

Hello,

For myself and other game developers I'm sure when it comes to designing levels it can be a daunting task to try to come up with something that looks and feels good. With anything else, practice can make you better at it, but more important is the ability to take advantage of resources that are available to us.

One resource, I found a year or two ago and I thought it was excellent. Since I'm currently working on level designs, I decided to go look for that tutorial series again and I couldn't find it. After a month of searching (probably only an hour of time spent lol), I finally found it:

http://renegadesector.com/level-design-primer/

This primer has many sections and playable demo's of the concepts the writer is talking about. It is a good start to learning how to create your own levels and different things to consider.

Enjoy!

~ DMP
Discoveringmypath Game Studio

In Development: Groupers - Mark of the Beast

Need Alpha testers with good feedback!
SPONSORED