You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Contributor: MasterBlasterWhy do Techies forget about Treo, Windows Mobile and Blackberries?
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
blackberries? windows about why mobile and forget treo do techies

[Image: 51JAYZQG03L._SY445_.jpg]

I was going to recommend the below link to our iOS devs but then I read the article smh. I was a simple Mobile tech back in 2005 and I was amazed at the devices Real estate agents, architects and the Elite used at that time to manage their lives and professions. Blackberries with the built in chirp feature ruled and so did email. Granted they weren't "pocket computers" like the half baked iPhone in 2007 but they were pretty close. 

Nevermind PDA's which actually were "pocket computers", with full blown Windows Mobile (you were able to install compatible software with the need for a "market"). There were even Windows Mobile phones that did everything. These pocket machines had slide out keyboards, touchscreens, and styluses...

The Palm Treo was a beautiful piece of machinery back then. Make a phone call, send an email, write on THE SCREEN with a stylus. They were amazing and all of the business class people had one in 2005.... Sadly they were killed by hastily adding the latest version of Windows Mobile to it without fully upgrading its hardware. This led to busy days of sending glitched Treos back to their manufacturer(we were only allowed to open blackberries and repair buttons at the time).

I will still put the link at the bottom so you can see Apple's Mobile operating system's evolution but I'm deeply saddened when I see  many pundits online in "Apple History" fashion pretend that nothing intelligent and mobile existed before the and/or during the 2007 launch of the iPhone.... How do you feel?

https://www.computerworld.com/article/32...olved.html

[-]
Quick Reply

Disable AutoMedia embedding for this link.   MP3 Playlist

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [PanfurWare Podcast]Don't forget about the Android Essential Phone Anthony Farrior 0 45 11-11-2017, 12:35 PM
Last Post: Anthony Farrior
  [DevGems]Don’t forget about the Android Essential Phone MasterBlaster 0 166 11-03-2017, 09:48 PM
Last Post: MasterBlaster
  Microsoft is Really Giving Up on Windows 10 Mobile MasterBlaster 0 128 10-09-2017, 04:26 PM
Last Post: MasterBlaster